Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Boston Wins Game 5, Lakers Next?

Boston prevailed at home with a 106 to 102 victory. As a blogger that specializes in the NBA I guess I should have watched the basketball game but that didn't happen. Personally, I find the eastern conference absolutely unbearable so upon hearing that the final score combined for more than 150 points (208) I almost shatted (yes i said "shatted") my pants.

Does anybody care about this series? As boring as the eastern conference is you have to admit that the Celtics are a much better team than the San Antonio Spurs. The Los Angleles Lakers should be very afraid. I'm not convinced that Kevin Garnett is or ever was as good as Tim Duncan but he certainly will present massive problems for Pau Gasol. Paul Pierce is better than Manu Ginobili and Ray Allen is the type of player that will give Lakers perimeter players fits.

As I stated in an earlier blog, the Lakers perimeter players (especially Kobe, rhymes with "No D.") have problems with double teaming dangerous big men, ie, KG. If the Lakers keep doubling down on KG (I wouldn't), that double better come from the point guard because Rajon Rondo passes up jump shots like Glen "Big Baby" Davis passes on diet tips. If you double off of Pierce or Allen you can be sure that they will hit thier shots consistently.

I hope Kobe's defense is tailored for the Spurs and that he doesn't continue to turn his back to his man because it may cost his team the series against the Celtics, that is, assuming that those are the two teams that make it to the finals.

No comments: