Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Mailbag #1

Not surprisingly my inbox was inundated with emails about my blog - six to be exact. Two of them had actual questions, another was a spam email from some African guy trying to convince me to send him money to escape persecution, and the other three were "hey you suck," emails. Your communications are much appreciated my friends.

One guy that didn't leave his name asked "why do you hate the Lakers so much?"
Well, guy with no name I am actually a big Lakers fan and as one I often point out their weaknesses because like many fans I watch my team a lot and notice their tendencies. I certainly don't mean it to come off as hate. You're probably referring to the fact that I've mentioned that the Celtics will beat the Lakers in this year's NBA finals. I just calls 'em how I see 'em.

Peter asked "do you think the Lakers can make any adjustments to avoid losing to the Celtics?"
Yes! Simply put, they should not leave Paul Peirce and especially not Ray Allen open for easy jump shots. You may know that my biggest Lakers pet peeve is that they abandon shooters in order to double post players. To avoid this the Lakers should let Kevin Garnett get his. Do not double Garnett and maybe play a little bit of zone so that you don't have to chase Allen around for 48 minutes. If Trevor Ariza is healthy enough to play then I'd switch him and Vladomir Radmonovic on Allen because of their length and as coach I'd instruct them to overcompensate. To overcompensate in this case would be to always assume Allen is going to settle for the jump shot. Do not ever assume that he will drive the ball to the basket because if he does you can always adjust.

No comments: